Similarly, sometimes I think about how much better off the world would be if every household had one person working full time and one person staying at home. Better for the environment. Better for relationships.
Before I went back to work...
- Dinner got made every night, which meant less trash and less factory farmed food.
- The house was always clean and the laundry actually got done.
- Michael and I both had more hours for freetime.
- The weekend was spent relaxing, rather than hustling to get chores done.
Things I've figured out since I started working:
- I have our groceries delivered through a company called Papa Spuds. They provide locally grown produce, milk, eggs, and meat, and it's delivered once a week right to our front door. It's the best thing in the world.
- I have the boys sorting their own laundry - both dirty and clean.
Things I have not figured out:
- when to clean the house
- how to balance getting stuff done on the weekends with getting to spend time relaxing and enjoying each other's company
- how to get enough sleep