Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I just read...Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch My husband, who is a huge Neil Gaiman fan, recommended this book to me. After I read the first few chapters, he asked if it was too Douglas Adams-ish for me since he knows I am not a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan. My reply was, "Not yet. Does that mean it's going to get stupid?" Since I've now finished the book, I can say that the humor in Good Omens is very similar to Hitchhikers, but it never gets stupid. There are no aliens with multiple heads in this one - just average humans with average flaws and human-like angels and demons. The humor was entertaining without being over the top, and the writing was fast-paced and imaginative. A very creative reimagining of the Apocalypse

1 comment:

  1. I just finished that last week too! I loved it--so entertaining and yet not too campy, like you said. I actually was nervous to read it since I had hated Stardust, but this was right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...