Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Garden Notes

gardengardengarden

With such beautiful weather last week, I headed out to the backyard to wake up my garden. I let it get pretty unruly over the winter, and the wild clover had taken over. (But some people plant clover as a winter cover crop, so that's okay, right? Probably not...) Thanks to our mild winter, some fall greens were still poking up through the clover - spinach, kale, and swiss chard. The green onions are from the community garden bed where I'm trying my hand at onions and garlic this winter.

I cleared out our four backyard beds and planted peas, carrots, spinach, kale, swiss chard, and lettuce. Of course three days after I got everything planted, we got snow. February sucks.

In a couple weeks, I'll plant another bed of greens, and we're going to try potatoes this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...