Friday, June 1, 2018

Care for Your Teachers Like They Care for Your Children

Several years ago while I was working on my teacher's license but hadn't been hired anywhere yet, I took the boys to a Moral Monday rally to support teachers. We stood around for awhile on the lawn in front of the General Assembly building and then marched with the other protests downtown. Cole and Eli mostly sat on the sidelines and read, tolerating yet another thing I'd dragged them to.

moral Monday

This past May, we joined another rally for teachers, but this time since I have some skin in the game, we made signs.

20180515_204221

20180515_204307

20180516_090002

20180515_204342

Eli especially took his sign making very seriously.

Although I'd be grateful for a salary raise, all I really want is to be able to spend fewer hours doing work outside of work. I just don't understand the mindset that undervalues education and teachers. Plus, I'm starting my master's program this fall also, so that will be fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...