Friday, August 15, 2008

Rainboots


I have been wanting to get the boys rainboots for a long time but couldn't justify the purchase since my kids never get to go outside when it's raining because I hate to get wet. Finally, I found these boots on clearance at Target the other day. They were the wrong size, but I thought they'd be fun anyway and they'd grow into them, so I bought Cole and Eli each a pair.

I have ungrateful kids.

Instead of hearing thank-you's for my fun, spontaneous gift, I had to listen to an hour of griping. The boots were too big. They hurt their feet. They were hard to walk in. They made them walk too slow. Blah, blah, blah.

Despite that initial hour of ungratefulness, though, both boys have worn their boots almost nonstop since they got them. This picture is of Cole pretending that his boots are fireman boots. (The jumprope is his hose.)

1 comment:

  1. My kids are also ungrateful--I hear the same things when I get them things like that too. No more--I've cut down on the things I get them because I'm sick of hearing the griping and sick of having so darn my STUFF! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...