Sunday, May 16, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

We've had lots of failures but I'm still pretty proud of our garden so far.

This picture was taken about a week ago, and the plants are already twice as big as this.

On the right side, we planted two indeterminate tomatoes, two determinate tomatoes, and six peppers. I tried planting lettuce, but after killing it twice, I gave up. Just this weekend, I planted some southern peas in that spot instead. I also planted flower seeds in all the corners, but am not having success with those at all.

On the left side, I planted four more indeterminate tomatoes, two rows of corn, two zucchinis, one squash, and two cucumbers. I also planted green bean seeds next to the corn last weekend - we're hoping to train the beans to vine up the corn. We also need to build a trellis for the squash and cucumbers to get them to grow up instead of out.

So far, our biggest pest is an evil squirrel that lives in our yard. It keeps digging giant holes and knocking over plants. I almost wish I had a b-b gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...