Saturday, January 15, 2011

Michael-vert

According to Raising Your Spirited Child, the definition of an introvert is someone who gets their energy by having alone time, and an extrovert is someone who gets their energy by being around other people.

Based on those definitions, I've decided in the past two weeks that I must be a "Michael-vert." I get my energy from spending time with Michael.

Michael has been working insane hours lately. At first he was leaving the house at 9 AM and getting home at 9 PM, but progressively over the past two weeks, he's been getting home later and later - like 2 or 3 AM. Two nights he didn't come home at all. So for the past two weeks, I've virtually been a single parent - not just because I've been taking care of the kids all on my own, but also because I've barely seen my husband.

As the days have dragged on, my energy level has gone kaput. On Friday, I woke up by myself and thought, "There's no point in getting dressed today. There's no one here to appreciate it." Then I decided that was stupid, so I got extra-dressed. I wore make-up even.

But Michael better find his way home soon. I've had ice cream for dinner twice in the past two weeks. I've spent more hours watching Johnny Flynn youtube videos than is healthy for a happily married 32-year-old woman. And this weekend, I've been having a James McAvoy movie marathon.

Obviously, Michael, I need you.

2 comments:

  1. That's a job to avoid - what does he do?

    I feel your pain. Tyrone's school/study/clinical schedule is like this too. I've been going out of my mind that past few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - He's the VP of Technology for a small software company. Normally the hours are fine, but right now, they're moving their servers from NYC to Raleigh, and it's very time consuming. Plus a lot of it has to be done at night so their clients won't be upset if their websites go down. He should be done by the end of the month, and then he's going to take a vacation!

    When does Tyrone finish?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...