Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break

I think I owe everyone an apology. I wrote this post about how much better March is than February and ended up cursing the month of March. I should have kept my mouth shut. Instead, we got to spend a month that is typically jacket weather bundled up in our winter coats while shaking our fists at the gloomy grey skies. Spring break could not come fast enough.

Two out of every three years, we head north for spring break to the Shenandoah Valley where we have a timeshare at a resort called Massanutten. This year's vacation included a trip to a rescue zoo in Luray, Virginia. Rylan has been big into animals lately - Wild Kratts is his favorite show, but he also enjoys watching the Jeff Corwin Experience - so I thought he'd enjoy seeing some animals up close and in person.

rescue zoo in Luray VArescue zoo in Luray VArescue zoo in Luray VArescue zoo in Luray VA

This wallaby had a joey in her pouch. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen; I could have watched it all day.

playground at Massanuttenplayground at Massanutten

Most of our vacation was spent resting, but we also got in a bit of outdoor time, soaking up the beautiful mountain view in the Shenandoah Valley. And of course, the highlight of our trip was the indoor waterpark, which gets better and better the older the kids get. Michael, Rylan, and me on Peak Splash = Most Fun Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...