Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Small Memory for Remembering Purposes

I am the choir director at my church. I hold choir practice every Sunday directly following our church meetings. Two Sundays ago, my pianist couldn't be at church, but I decided we really needed to have choir practice anyway. I dragged Cole to a piano, put the music in front of him ("Ye Elders of Israel" straight from the hymnal), and said, "Can you play this?" Lo and behold, four and a half years of piano lessons are starting to pay off. He could only play one hand at a time, but it was enough to practice parts. I was a very proud mother.

From here: http://petersfamilyband.blogspot.com/2009/03/more-evidence-of-coles-amazing-talents.html


To here:


1 comment:

  1. That's great! I quit taking lessons right at the point where my teacher was going to have me start working on hymns (luckily she taught me a well enough basic skills so I could pick it up later in life). I would've been proud too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...