Thursday, January 21, 2016

50 Books Challenge in 2015

I'm continuing to challenge myself to read 50 books a year. Since I started working, it gets harder and harder to find time to read, so I didn't quite make it to 50 this year (only 46). Still, I keep trying!

Usually as part of my challenge, I pick an author to read in-depth, but this year, my reading habits were more sporadic and very YA focused.

I read three Brandon Sanderson books, and finally found one that I really liked:

  • The Rithmatist *****
  • Firefight ****
  • Steelheart ***
Caught up on a ton of mediocre YA supernatural romance trilogies:
  • Shiver ***
  • Linger ***
  • Forever ***
  • The Gathering ***
  • The Calling ***
  • The Rising ** (wish I had not read the whole trilogy)
  • Hush, Hush *** (learned my lesson from the last trilogy and didn't continue with the rest)
A couple of re-reads:

  • The Westing Game *****
  • Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes ****
Books I read for school:
  • Of Mice and Men ****
  • Out of the Dust ***
  • Thirteen Reasons Why ***
Some non-fiction, particularly focused on professional development:
  • Teach Like a Champion *****
  • Hey Natalie Jean ****
  • Grammar Keepers ****
  • Women at Church: Magnifying LDS Women's Local Impact ***
  • Total Participation Techniques ***
  • Reading Reasons ***
  • Unbroken ** (hated this book!)
And the rest:
  • The Golem and the Jinni *****
  • The Wednesday Wars *****
  • Tiny Sunbirds Far Away *****
  • Stargirl ****
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl ****
  • The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian ****
  • These Is My Words ****
  • Code Name Verity ****
  • The Language of Flowers ****
  • The Shadow of the Wind ****
  • The Thief Lord ****
  • Big Little Lies ****
  • Orphan Train ****
  • Me Before You ****
  • Ready Player One ***
  • The Peach Keeper ***
  • Poison ***
  • The Boston Girl ***
  • Little Mercies ***
  • How to Build a Girl ***
  • Virals ***
  • Gilded ***
  • The Search for WondLa ***
  • Go Ask Alice **
Overall, it was a pretty good year for reading. Look at all those four or five star books! Here's hoping 2016 is as good!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...