Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Ongoing Big Backyard Project

With all the rain and snow and mucking through the mud this winter, we no longer have any grass in our backyard. Instead, it's a big field of clover and wild strawberries.

DSC_0626

I have to admit that I really like it. I've never been one for a perfectly manicured lawn anyway, and all the purple and blue wildflowers are so pretty. I suddenly understand what the Primary song "I Often Go Walking" is talking about.

The kids, on the other hand, are not fond of all the bees abuzzing through our yard.

DSC_0628

DSC_0625

DSC_0627

We're still working on our garden. Seriously, much bigger project than I expected. We've progressed to getting both beds dug, and one bed in place.

DSC_0629

But holy cow, square foot gardening beds are small! Am I really going to be able to fit everything I have planned in that small of a space???

1 comment:

  1. nice! we have a small yard too, but I am always shocked at how much Jeanne manages to fit into it. We supplement with a lot of containers, and you can double up or cycle some stuff (cukes and tomatoes), our raspberries share a trellis with our peas. I love the gardening time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...