Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rylan's Big Week

DSC_0606

Rylan had his surgery this past Thursday, so we have had a very busy week. On Monday, we met with the doctor, who briefed us on what would be happening in the surgery. Then on Thursday, we had to get up at 5:00 in the morning to head to Rex Surgery Center in Cary. We were supposed to get there at 6:30, even though his surgery wasn't until 8:30, so it was a long morning of waiting and waiting and talking to various doctors and nurses and more waiting. Finally, a nurse came in and asked Rylan if he wanted a popsicle. He nodded, she picked him, and before I knew it, he was gone.

30 minutes later, he was done. The nurse took me back to the recovery room where Rylan was very high on drugs. He had to be put completely under for the surgery, and he was having a hard time coming out of it. His eyes were HUGE, which was a feat since he already has big eyes. He refused to talk to me or the nurses and just sat there, staring straight ahead. He also threw up blood on me. It was not fun times.

But by that evening, he was perfectly normal and jabbering away. So far, I haven't noticed any improvement in his speech (and I always thought he heard fine), but he's definitely chattering more even if we can't understand anything he's saying. Hopefully that's a good sign.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Erin. I had no idea little Rylan had so much going on. I hope that his recovery is going well. We look forward to hearing him more (and seeing him again) in nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...