Monday, March 21, 2011

Roller Derby We Are Not

Over a year ago, I convinced Michael that we should pool all of our Christmas money and buy a really nice camera. This is how I know Michael loves me - he let me buy the camera although he obviously has no interest in learning how to use it. There are 20 pictures like this one on my camera, all taken by Michael:

roller skating

Even lightening it doesn't help much:

roller skating

But back to the subject I meant to write about...The boy's school had a discount day at an area skating rink. Michael and I both stink at roller skating, but I volunteered as the parent to take the boys out on the rink while Michael hung with Rylan.

roller skating

Cole and Eli did not take easily to roller skating, and the night would have been a disaster if another helpful parent hadn't given me the tip that if you take your kids' skates back to the skate rental spot, they'll tighten the wheels. After that, the boys were basically walking around the rink rather than skating, but at least they were happier.

Despite a lot of grumbling from one member of this family, I had fun watching my kids fall down rollerskating, but the part where I laughed the hardest was when I tried doing the chicken dance while holding Rylan, and of course this is how we ended up:

roller skating

This is a horrendous picture of me. That's how funny I thought it was to fall down.

Our three "roller skaters:"

roller skating

roller skating

roller skating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...