Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Story Behind Eli's Name

kites

Elijah Hawking

My philosophy of baby-naming is that I get to pick the baby's first name because I had to go through nine months of suckiness to bring him into the world. Michael got veto power and the middle name.

When I was pregnant with Cole, I had a co-worker named Elijah for like a month. I had never met an Elijah before and really liked the name, so even before Cole was born, I announced to Michael that our next child would be named Elijah and we would call him Eli. Little did I know how popular that name would become over the intervening years.

When Michael and I met, he was really into Stephen Hawking's book A Brief History of Time. I liked the name for the possible future athletic nickname The Hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...