Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oh Cow Oh Cow

On our second day in Kentucky, my mom signed us up for a tour of a nearby dairy farm. It was wonderful! We were the only ones on the tour that day, so we got to get up close and personal with the cows. The boys played on a fabulous playground, and at the end, we got to eat homemade ice cream made with the cream from the cows.

cow farm

cow farm

I'm not sure if Eli is blinking in this photo or if he meant to make that silly face. Knowing Eli, it's probably the latter.

cow farm

cow farm

I was really impressed with how much the farmer there loves his cows. He kept affectionately patting them and told us sweet stories about them. I don't know that I'd feel so fond of my cows if I had to get up at 5:00 every morning including holidays. But then again, he does get to eat ice cream every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...