Friday, November 25, 2011

The Making of the Peters Family Band:
My Perfect Man

After I wrote that last post about how Michael and I met, I sat down and figured out exactly when all those events took place. Turns out, we did NOT date for five months like I've been telling people for years. I must have changed the dates in my mind because the truth is much, much worse. When we got engaged, we knew each other for just less than five months, but from our first date to the day Michael proposed was only three months.

Three months!

Michael and I both agree that if one of our boys tries to pull a stunt like that, we will put a foot down.

Three months...how ridiculous.

You may have been wondering how I knew so certainly from the very start that Michael was the man for me. Well, I'll tell you...it was the sideburns. That might sound like a silly answer, but in a church with a whole lot of this...


...Michael was a rare find.

Michael 2001

In this picture, Michael has traced his sideburns with some kind of glow in the dark facepaint. I don't know...it seemed cool at the time.


Other reasons I fell in love with Michael:


: : He was a returned missionary and he played in a rock band. On our first date, Michael took me to his band's rehearsal. While I watched, they wrote a song. Afterward, Michael said he hoped I hadn't been too bored, and I was like, "You just wrote a song!!!"


: : Our phone conversations went like this:
  • "How was your day?"
  • "Fine. Yours?"
  • "Good...I really don't have anything to say."
  • "Me either."
  • "Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow."
  • "Okay."
And he was totally fine with that.


: : He was almost as smart as me. ;) And yet just as stupid as me. A few months before we met, Michael was doing dishes and discovered that he'd run out of dishwasher detergent. "I'm sure dish soap will work just as well," he thought to himself. An hour later, he was frantically cleaning up bubbles as they spilled out of the dishwasher and all over the kitchen.

Michael's roommates loved to tell me that story, and all I could think was, "But has he ever forgotten his shoes on the way to Opryland?"


: : Many of our dates involved me reading a book while Michael watched TV. Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...