Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Love Letter to Michael

I wrote this post for Father's Day (the same night I wrote this post) but never published it because I wanted to get a picture of me and Michael together. Unfortunately, I am behind the camera 98% of the time and the other 2%, Michael is behind the camera, so who's going to take a picture of both of us together? If I had my brother's skills, I would photoshop me and Michael into one photograph. Instead, I'm publishing it without a photograph because it's nice and shouldn't be languishing away in the drafts folder.


I hope when people read this blog, they think, "Michael and Erin have a very playful relationship, and it's obvious that Erin is completely smitten with her husband." And not, "Michael and Erin sure argue a lot."

Before I married Michael, I was a dedicated journal writer. I needed to write. It was how I expressed my emotions, where I shared my deepest thoughts. I have notebook after notebook of high school and college experiences, recorded in such detail that I can use them as reference books for my life. But unfortunately, it seems that I was mostly inspired to write when I felt bad. If someone else were to go back and read my journals, they would assume that I was a severely depressed person with a pitiful life. (But that would only be half the story. I was happy sometimes, I swear I was!)

Nowadays, this blog plays the role of journal, both as a place to record my experiences and a way to explore my thoughts. (And a way to soothe that writing itch. I still need to write.) But one day, it occurred to me that I am often inspired to write after Michael and I have had a disagreement and that if someone else were to go back and read this blog from the beginning to today, they might assume that Michael gets on my nerves constantly and we don't get along very well.

I decided that it would behoove me to sit down and write a post where I said something nice about my husband. So I took a trip down memory lane and came up with a whole bunch of perfect memories that are none of your business, thank you very much. And then I wrote a love letter to Michael. It is so beautiful, I teared up as I was writing it. You don't get to read it.

I like to tease Michael. It is one of my greatest joys in life. I am also completely and totally smitten.

1 comment:

  1. I would gladly photoshop someone into a photo for you anytime!

    Also, Jaime was the same way with her journal when we were in college. I used to read it sometimes and tell her that it was depressing. I'm pretty sure one time she wrote an entry to me (cause she knew I'd read it when she wasn't around) that was very much like this post you just did. weirdos.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...