Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Beach-Hopping 2017: Daytona Beach

Our next stop was Gamble Rogers State Park near Daytona Beach. The weather on this day was threatening storms, creating huge scary waves in the ocean, so we avoided the beach. Instead, we opted to rent a kayak and a canoe. The older two boys are pretty experienced canoers at this thanks to Boy Scouts, but I hadn't been canoeing since I was about 14 years old. Considering that, I probably should have split up Cole and Eli, matching one of each of them with me and Rylan, but instead I chose to keep my baby with myself. Rylan and I were a disaster; he was no help with steering, and I'm a wimp, so most of the time, I was freaking out: "We're stuck in the bushes! There are going to be alligators! Row, Rylan, row! We'll never get back to the shore!!!!"

But eventually, we figured it out, and we all really loved it. I would LOVE to buy a kayak.

This was also the day where I didn't apply enough sunscreen and got a third degree burn on my feet. It was like no sunburn I've ever seen before. I had blisters all over my feet; I thought for sure I'd have permanent scarring. Lesson learned! (Let's be honest...lesson probably not learned...)

Daytona

Daytona

Daytona

Daytona

Daytona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...