Sunday, June 18, 2017

Beach-Hopping 2017: Jekyll Island

For our big summer vacation this year, the boys and I went beach-hopping down the coast from North Carolina to Florida and back again. Like we did on our U.S. Domination tour, we kept costs down by alternating camping with staying in hotels. Now I realize that you might be thinking, "Camping in July???" And believe me, I heard that same complaint about 50 billion times from my kids. It was definitely hot, and between that and the no-see-ums, we didn't sleep most of the trip. But...memories, people!

(No, seriously. As I've explained to my boys, the only reason we can afford these epic adventures is because we stuff ourselves into my tiny hybrid and camp as much as possible. So the choice is some pretty miserable..ahem, memorable nights of camping, or no adventures. I choose adventures.)

We camped the first night at a state park near Jekyll Island, GA. I would have liked to actually camp on the beach, but I booked our reservation too late. This place was amazing, though. I would love to go back. The water was placid like a large lake - rather than the huge waves we get in Wilmington - and the scenery was picturesque.

Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island

Jekyll Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...