Friday, August 9, 2013

Music Lessons: Benjamin Gibbard

When Michael and I found out a couple years ago that Ben Gibbard and Zooey Deschanel got married, Michael's reaction was "How did he get her?" and mine was "She is soooo lucky."

In case you're my parents and therefore have no idea who I'm talking about, Ben Gibbard is the lead singer of both Death Cab for Cutie and the Postal Service.  Zooey Deschanel is...the sister of the star of my favorite TV show of all time: Bones.

I have a big crush on Ben Gibbard, and I don't have to apologize for it because he is my husband's celebrity doppleganger.



Those are both pictures of Ben Gibbard. I know, right?

Last year, Ben released a solo album of songs he wrote for Death Cab but never recorded. I'm not going to pretend that this album is as good as anything produced by Death Cab or the Postal Service, but this one song keeps getting stuck in my head:


About the time he started dating Zooey, Ben stopped drinking, took up running, and lost a ton of weight. I like the new look, except...what happened to the glasses??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...